Welcome to My Blog!

I'm glad you came to visit. I hope that you'll find reading this useful and I'll try my best to update it as often as possible with interesting articles, resource updates and reviews, and activity ideas. If you're looking for information on something specific, try using the google search box in the right hand navigation bar.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Help Students Review for Exams!

Quiz-Quiz-Trade Cards Activity 

It's that time of year again - final exams!  Here is an excellent activity that you can use with your students to review key terms and concepts:

Materials:
  1. Quiz-Quiz-Trade template - print 5 sheets double-sided/student
  2. Scissors
  3. Pens and pencils
Instructions:
  1. Download the Quiz-Quiz-Trade cards - Quiz-Quiz-Trade Cards
  2. Print off copies for your students - ensure you set up your printer for double-sided printing
  3. Have students select a Unit for review or select key terms from a section 
(Note: You can also assign Units or Sections to students to ensure variety.)
  1. Instruct students to write down Questions and Answers on the cards: Sample Cards
  2. Using scissors, have student cut out the cards
  3. Have students partner up and quiz each other using the cards 
  4. When they are finished quizzing each other, have students trade cards with another team and continue quizzing each other using the new set of cards.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if when tabulating minimum requirements can schools include 'Health' within the minutes? By 'Health', I mean as a course of study in a classroom often taught by Guidance counselors. This is the case at my secondary school, coupled with lunch and recess it makes up the minute requirements.

    Just wondered your thoughts.

    Many thanks.

    Rob Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to find your contact details. You spoke at my AQA course last Monday with George.

    ReplyDelete